The new release of InfraWorks 360 has been released and they’ve added a bunch of new features in which I will touch on briefly below.
If you haven’t been using, or don’t really know what InfraWorks is, YOU HAVE TO START LOOKING AT IT! (Does the caps say it enough…?) We offer training on InfraWorks so please contact us to schedule yourself and your colleagues for this powerful and hands on training today! Click HERE for a snip it on what this class is about.
Anyway, here’s what’s new or enhanced in a nutshell…
Model Builder now offers the option to use a shapefile (SHP) to specify the area of interest.
Drainage Design Updates
Drainage Design adds outfall pipes and structures to a drainage network. The tool also spaces inlets based on analysis and allowable spread when creating the network.
- Provides size and slope for capacity from the crest of the roadway network to the outfall location.
- Sizes manholes based on connected pipes.
- Adjusts pipe diameters and their slopes as well as underground structures to accommodate changes to the pavement drainage network.
- Adjusts affected pipes if you move an outfall to a new location.
- Inlet analysis: Analyze surface drainage performance between two inlets. View inlet capture, spread, and bypass in the model and view analysis information including the inlet efficiency rating on the asset card. Analysis results update as you change the size or location of an inlet.
- Inspect Performance: Analyze hydraulic and energy grade line performance of the network. View surcharged pipes and flooded manholes.
Bridge Design Updates
The Bridge Line Girder Analysis (Preview) performs analysis and design checks on the pre-stressed girders on your bridges.
Send your bridge and other InfraWorks 360 model objects to AutoCAD Civil 3D by referencing a local InfraWorks 360 model or an IMX file that you exported from InfraWorks 360.
Land Areas and Grading (Preview)
The new Land Area terrain feature provides an easy way to define horizontal, flat areas for building sites, parking lots, airport sites, and so forth. Land areas flatten the terrain surface, provide sharp corners, and cut and fill grading styles at the perimeter.
Traffic Simulation and Animation (Preview)
Analyze traffic flow through intersections, display color-coded traffic analysis results, and generate traffic simulation animations to play in your model.
Point Cloud Enhancements
Point cloud performance and theming have been improved. Two new point cloud theming analysis types are available: Intensity and Elevation + Intensity. In addition, two new options enable you to adjust point size and density for point cloud data.
Web Viewer Enhancements (Preview)
The Web Viewer now enables you to publish an entire model and view scenarios in the context of the entire model. The model is now presented in a high-quality prerendered view in browsers on PC and tablets. The viewer opens to a portal that matches your InfraWorks 360 Home and provides search and sort of model thumbnail tiles.
Come back for more detailed info on this new release…