So you may have heard that Autodesk released it’s latest and greatest, AutoCAD 2016. What you may not have heard is what’s new or enhanced. I’m here to tell you about both, so buckle in; here we go…
- Visual Experience
- Visual enhancements help you see your drawings more clearly. Readability is improved with true curves instead of line segments.
- Coordination Model
- Design within the context of existing BIM models. Attach and view Navisworks and BIM 360 Glue models directly inside AutoCAD.
- Smart Dimensioning
- Automatically create appropriate dimensions based on the geometry. Pass the cursor over selected objects to preview.
- Sysvar Monitor
- Prevent unwanted changes to your system settings. Get alerted to changes to your preferences that could affect your design work.
What’s Been Enhanced:
- Enhanced PDFs
- PDFs are smaller, smarter and more searchable. There is better performance when attaching PDF files to your drawings.
- Revision Clouds
- Create and modify revision clouds more easily. Draw them around new changes to quickly identify your updates.
- Reality Computing
- Transform point clouds to 2D drawings automatically. Extract edges, corners and floor plans and orient your work with the point cloud.
Keep checking back for more updates regarding AutoCAD 2016 and as more products are released, we’ll have updates on those as well.